18 Responses to “2012 NFL Free Agents”

1. Jack says:

FYI: Peterson already signed…9/10/2011: Signed a seven-year, $96 million contract. The deal contains $36 million guaranteed, $32 million of which is guaranteed for skill and the other $4 million for injury. Another $4 million is available through escalators. 2011: $8.25 million, 2012: $8 million, 2013: $11.25 million, 2014: $11.75 million, 2015-2017: Under Contract, 2018: Free Agent

2. Warren says:

Although he is a restricted FA, Brian Hoyer is a QB that should be given some consideration in this list. He would generate some interest if the Pats decide to go with Mallett as the primary backup to Brady.

3. Misfit74 says:

Marcedes Lewis also already re-signed:

“8/5/2011: Signed a five-year, $35 million contract. The deal contains $17 million guaranteed.” -Rotoworld

4. Eric says:

CSN Bay Area’s Matt Maiocco expects the 49ers to pursue Bucs backup QB Josh Johnson this offseason.
    Johnson, set to hit the open market this winter, played for 49ers’ HC Jim Harbaugh at the University of San Diego. Harbaugh called Johnson “the beloved son” during a radio interview last week. A three-year veteran, Johnson has completed 78-of-144 passes for 803 yards, four touchdowns and eight interceptions in parts of 19 career games, adding 197 yards on only 28 carries the ground. Oct 8 – 3:33 PM – Rotoworld

• I know a lot of people are expecting that. I’m not so sure, but I could see him at least signing him to compete. Will be interesting to see what happens with Alex Smith. Much will depend on how he finished the season.

5. Joe Cooper says:

Kevin Kolb or Matt Flynn? If you had one of them and this was proposed to you in a straight up fantasy trade right now, who would you rather have next year and beyond?

• Misfit74 says:

Kolb because he has a starting job and a secure contract/future.

• As of right now you have to go Kolb.

• Sensai_John_Kreese says:

disagree.

I’d rather have the quarterback that might not suck next year. Kolb was overrated, and didn’t actually have the stats to back any of his hype up. Flynn is a crapshoot, but beside the fact that he will most likely be starting next year, you also have the added incentive that Mike Sherman may decide to bench his starters week 16 and 17, then you have a potential QB1 there.

I think the answer is Flynn and it’s not close.

• Warren says:

Mike Sherman? I know that was a brain fart. But being a Packer fan, I would prefer not to hear his name ever associated with the Pack again.

• Ray says:

How would you rank the dynasty potential of these three QBs?

Colin Kaepernick
          Matt Flynn
          Jake Locker

I’ve got Kaepernick and Locker marinating on my bench, but am wondering if I should swap one out for Flynn.

6. Ken says:

these guys are all free agents in my keeper league,10 team 15 keepers each 150 total players kept, standard scoring. Was wondering which player has the best chance of really improving his stock between now and the start of next season when we need to finalize our keepers and be considered a top 150 guy.

Taylor Price(NE – WR)
    Bilal Powell(NYJ – RB)
    Shane Vereen(NE – RB)
    Taiwan Jones(Oak – RB)
    Julius Thomas(Den – TE)
    Tony Moeaki(KC – TE)
    Da’Rel Scott(NYG – RB)
    Rashad Jennings(Jac – RB)
    Jake Locker(Ten – QB)