9 Responses to “Instant Analysis: DeAngelo Williams re-signs with Carolina”

1. skip says:

As many forum members know I suggested two months ago a DeWill re-signing and trade of Stewart. I don’t think the Carolina RB saga is over by any stretch…

2. Bigcsr67 says:

What are some trade scenarios for j stew, skip? I am wondering what teams would pursue him at this juncture?

• jordan stallard says:

Imagine if the Giants let Bradshaw go to the Dolphins, receive their draft picks, and then trade those draft picks to the Panthers for either DWill or JStew.

Dallas should go after him too, he’d be a great featured RB for the Cowboys with Felix as a change of pace guy.

3. Rugby1717 says:

I wouldnt know the teams but his value is extremely high. As mentioned in the article he wont be a free agent untill 2013. Two years of young rb is pretty valuable. Seattle is a team that comes to mind. Lynch isnt getting younger or better and they dont seem to like Forsett as anything but a 3rd down back. They could use a stewart but probably arent willing to pay the price.

4. Curt says:

So what kind of value does Stewart hold now? Low-end RB2, RB3, matchup flex option..?

I’m thinking of trading him away for Mikel Leshoure.

• DLF_KenK says:

Right now, a low-end RB2 or RB3 with massive upside. I would NOT even consider trading him for LeShoure in a dynasty league. Stewart is still very young and while you see “five year deal,” it’s likely going to be just two years until he gets a shot in Carolina or elsewhere.

If I own him, I would also love to see him traded, but I don’t see it happening. The Panthers are looking to protect their young quarterback and what better way to do that than by bolstering your defense and RB corps.

While I think they overpaid for Williams, I think they did that with the full intention of running out the best RBBC platoon in the league.

• jordan stallard says:

I would easily trade JStew for Ingram, Blount, or Matthews. Good luck getting that kind of value for him though!

• ??droppedballs?? says:

you hold on to him for another 2 yrs is what u do, 26 and a fa in 2013 with lots of tread on his tires, or pray for a trade next offfseason, car might trade him then

5. Desmond says:

what’s the big deal with D-Will?? He is going to get hurt again.Old Rb’s that get banged up only get more banged up and slower,J-Stew will be the starter by week 5