1. Demaryius Thomas, WR, DEN (owned in 1.7% of leagues)
Thomas himself doubted he could play this week while still recovering from a foot injury. When he was declared active, most looked right past it. That won’t happen again after he posted eight catches, 97 yards and one touchdown in his pro debut. Not bad.
2. Bruce Gradkowski, QB, OAK (0.1%)
Hard to say what’s going to happen in Oakland with the quarterback controversy, but every quarterback who doesn’t play in Buffalo should be owned.
3. Brandon Pettigrew, TE, DET (1.2%)
Dynasty owners know a lot about Pettigrew. Mainstream fantasy players likely do now after he posted seven catches for 108 yards. Welcome back!
4. Jason Snelling, RB, ATL (3.4%)
Snelling is one of the most underrated backups in all of fantasy. He erupted for 186 combined yards and three touchdowns after Michael Turner was hurt. While Turner is expected back next week, this showing reminds us of just how effective Snelling can be.
5. Charlie Batch, QB, PIT (0.1%)
See: Gradkowski, Bruce
6. Golden Tate, WR, SEA (4.5%)
Tate is still very much a work in progress, but he had two big plays of at least 50 yards on Sunday that keep him on the fantasy radar.
7. Mark Sanchez, QB, NYJ (22.6%)
Sanchez has had quite the turnaround in the last six days. After looking awful in week one against the Ravens, he bounced back with three (yes, three!) touchdown passes against New England. While he shouldn’t come close to starting for your team yet, it’s conceivable he could grow into a bye week play this season.
8. Aaron Hernandez, TE, NE (3.5%)
The Jets have allowed two 100 yard receivers in around the past year and a half. One was Anquan Boldin. Want to guess the other?
9. Mike Tolbert, RB, SD (0.4%)
Speaking of running back injuries, Ryan Mathews left the game early with a foot injury for the Chargers. Tolbert did a great job of replacing him with 82 rushing yards and two scores. Mathews injury status is still unknown, but his handcuff is certainly no mystery.
10. Rashad Jennings, RB, JAX (26.2%)
Maybe the Jags really were serious about getting MJD some help.
11. Earl Bennett, WR, CHI (0.9%)
Five catches and 29 yards don’t excite you, but the Bears playing Devin Aromashodu mostly on special teams should give him some future opportunities.
12 Sean Weatherspoon, LB, ATL (0.2%)
Weatherspoon has fit in nicely with Atlanta and has posted 17 tackles and a sack in just two games thus far.
Keep in mind these weekly pickups are always going to be added to the ones we suggested from previous weeks.
13. DeShawn Wynn, RB, NO (0.2%)
Let’s not jump the gun on Reggie Bush’s injury, but Wynn could get some good time as the backup to Thomas if Bush misses extended action. Chris Ivory would also get a nice bump if Bush is out for a bit.
Good luck this week!
Ken is on Twitter at DLF_KenK
Latest posts by Ken Kelly (see all)
- 2015 Dynasty Rookie Rankings: Consensus Third Round - May 9, 2015
- 2015 Dynasty Rookie Rankings: Consensus Second Round - May 7, 2015
- 2015 Dynasty Rookie Rankings: Consensus First Round - May 3, 2015